“Everything I do in teaching and learning is about assessment.”
– Jeanne Boland, The Odyssey School Denver
There’s a big difference between checking work for completion and checking it for understanding. When we check for understanding, we leverage strategies and techniques that provide educators and learners timely and actionable information about where they are in the learning process.
During this interactive workshop, guided by our learner-centered approach, participants will:
- actively engage in the learning process through collaboration, meaning-making, inquiry, and reflection.
- experience and explore formative assessment practices that promote checking for understanding.
- build transferable skills and competencies to engage in transformational learning.
- set goals aligned to current teaching practices and desired outcomes.
- experience community building practices that encourage and promote student engagement.
Participants will leave this workshop with resources they can implement immediately that will help inform instructional decisions and provide opportunities for learners to assess where they are and get ‘unstuck’ when needed.
Includes a Toolkit