“What matters is not what we teach; it’s what they learn, and the probability of real learning is far higher when the students have a lot to say about the content and the process.”
– Alfie Kohen
Learner-centered education recognizes the unique interests and passions of every learner and empowers them as the primary agents of their learning. Learners feel connected, known, and valued as individuals.
In this four-session interactive experience, guided by our learner-centered approach to promote and cultivate an equitable and inclusive learning community, participants will:
- set goals aligned to current teaching practices and desired outcomes.
- expand and strengthen strategies for building community and connection to support students’ social and emotional learning.
- develop and implement learning experiences that increase student engagement and motivation.
- explore strategies that foster student agency and empower students to drive their own learning.
- develop a digital portfolio of learning.
Participants will engage in synchronous and asynchronous learning cycles that provide an opportunity to construct learning, deepen understanding, apply new learning in practice, connect with others, and reflect.
Includes a Toolkit