“All kids care about something. It’s my job to figure out what that something is and run with it.”
– Bill Nave, Student Centered Learning
How do we engage learners in authentic, participatory, and relevant learning experiences in our virtual and in-person classrooms? How can we empower learners to leverage their strengths and interests to solve problems that matter to them? In this workshop, we will focus on learners’ interests, needs, and goals to inspire meaningful, self-driven learning.
This interactive experience will be guided by our learner-centered approach, which promotes and cultivates equitable and inclusive learning communities. During this session, participants will:
- gain a deeper understanding of the characteristics of authentic learning and its impact on learners.
- investigate structures and strategies that foster authentic learning.
- explore the process of designing meaningful, relevant, and engaging learning experiences.
- tap into our collaborative learning community for feedback and inspiration.
All Learner-Centered Workshops model experiences and practices that can be applied with young learners, too. Educators will engage in the learning process through collaboration, meaning-making, inquiry, and reflection; set goals aligned to current teaching practices and desired outcomes; build transferable skills and competencies that lead to transformational learning; and experience community-building practices that encourage and promote engagement.