Building on its work with nearly 150 partners and guided by a new distinguished Board of Directors, the mission-driven organization is among the learner-centered movement leaders empowering all students to know themselves, thrive in community, and actively engage in the world as their best selves.
November 1, 2021—SAN FRANCISCO, CA—Learner-Centered Collaborative has completed the conversion to a not-for-profit organization and is now in the process of obtaining 501(c)3 status. As indicated in August, the conversion to a not-for-profit occurred by way of a merger of AltSchool, PBC with Learner-Centered Collaborative, a newly-formed entity.
Learner-Centered Collaborative—led by Dr. Devin Vodicka, Chief Executive Officer, author, and former Superintendent, and Dr. Katie Martin, Chief Impact Officer, author, speaker, educator, and coach—partners with educators to define whole-learner outcomes, design meaningful learning experiences, and create the enabling conditions on their unique journey to inclusive and equitable learner-centered education. Joining Drs. Vodicka and Martin at the helm is a team of all female vice-presidents with deep education practice and leadership experience.
As a not-for-profit, Learner-Centered Collaborative is uniquely positioned in the education space to focus its efforts on further expanding learner-centered models of education and extending its impact through philanthropic support, government funding, and other collaborative endeavors.
This change will result in a governance structure that includes a new Board of Directors that is committed to new models of education to better serve the whole-child. The Board of Learner-Centered Collaborative now includes the following:
- Devin Vodicka is the CEO of Learner-Centered Collaborative and the author of Learner-Centered Leadership. He was honored as California Superintendent of the Year during his tenure with Vista Unified School District.
- Tina Fernandez is the Executive Director of Achieve Atlanta and former Director of Pro-Bono programs at the University of Texas School of Law. She is also a Board Member for Latinos for Education.
- Joseph South is the Chief Learning Officer at ISTE and former Director of the Office of Educational Technology at US Department of Education. He has a PhD in Instructional Psychology and Technology at Brigham Young University.
- Kelly Young is the Executive Director and President of Education Reimagined. She earned her Doctor of Law degree from Georgetown University.
- Eve Wachtell is Treasurer of the New York ACLU and former General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer of AltSchool and Altitude Learning.
The Learner-Centered Collaborative partner community of nearly 150 partners continues to grow, including recent partnerships with Lindsay Unified School District (CA), the Hawaii Department of Education Charter School Commission, Utah Board of Education, Butler Area School District (PA), and Santa Ana Unified School District (CA).
Connect with us to discuss opportunities for collaboration with our non-profit.
ABOUT LEARNER-CENTERED COLLABORATIVE
Learner-Centered Collaborative is an educator-run organization built on decades of experiencing first-hand what works, what’s challenging, and what’s possible in education. Guided by the enduring truth that a learner-centered approach is the foundation for a successful, thriving learning community, Learner-Centered Collaborative partners with educators, schools, districts, and states to define whole-learner outcomes, design meaningful learning experiences, and create the enabling conditions for success on their unique journey to inclusive and equitable learner-centered education. Learn more
LinkedIn Learner-Centered Collaborative