Stephanie Malia Krauss is an author, advocate, and consultant for designing systems, structures, policies, and practices that support young people in building lives and futures they love. During our conversation together, Stephanie shares how we can support the whole child during such an unprecedented time—calling for us to slow down, nurture relationships, collaborate across ages and roles, and make wellbeing the guiding priority of our educational approaches.
During the episode, Stephanie shares:
- 😊 Why she had to leave school to fall in love with learning.
- 🧐 The influence Urie Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory has had on her education philosophy.
- 🫂 The importance of acknowledging how the COVID-19 pandemic caused today’s youth to have missed developmental milestones.
- 🤝 How in-person interactions build caring communities.
- 🏃 The value in seeing our collective role in caring for kids.
- 🌱 Why wellbeing should be our north star in education.
- 🙏 Stephanie’s hope is that prioritizing child wellbeing will revolutionize and humanize education.
- 📈 The biggest thing educators, parents, and anyone who supports the growth and development of young people must keep doing no matter what.